Since opening its doors in 1912, The Adolphus has served as an icon of Dallas and an integral part of the City’s history and culture. Situated on the original site of City Hall, the hotel was modeled after a beaus arts German castle. In its recent restoration and renovation, the hotel’s storied past is both celebrated and reimagined. There is a sense of discovery at every turn.
The Executive Assistant position regularly represents the hotel/general managers and interacts with other agencies in an informative capacity on programs and issues that have a hotel wide and interagency impact. This position has a high degree of external and corporate (Makeready) contact and deals with issues having significant sensitivity.
This position receives administrative direction from Senior Leadership Team level and/or corporate (Makeready) staff as necessary. This position assists in coordinating the efficient and effective use of facilities, finances, personnel and equipment. This position participates in hotel meetings or related meetings in the absence of the general managers. This position acts for the general manager in the operation and conduct of hotel business.
The Executive Assistant assists the general managers in developing an environment within the hotel that allows for creative thinking, problem solving, and empowerment in the development of the leadership team.
The position exhibits positive guest service both to internal and external customers through the ongoing support and implementation of customer service initiatives and business objectives.
This position assist Director of Operations/GMs in holding operational department heads accountable for of top notch customer service, operation of support departments, cleanliness and appearance of the facility; morale of the staff; and ensures guest/team member needs are being addressed in a timely manner.
We seek to hire the best. Leaders of high character and humility with genuine passion and aptitude for hospitality. People who choose to be in hospitality because they have an open and generous nature and seek to make guests happy. We are a group of people who are proud of the work we do. Caring leaders, perfectionist chefs, intelligent creatives, generous hosts, meticulous operators, inspiring teachers, tireless doers, and all-around devotees of hospitality. We create value by empowering the team. We encourage our teams to stretch their thinking, move beyond their comfort zone and achieve their full potential. By providing a platform of support service, like the best in technology, finance resources, talent development, marketing and communication support, we allow them to focus on the heart of their business – hospitality and people. We are passionate about people and attract, develop and retain the best in hospitality. We thoughtfully seek out and groom talent, both within our company and outside, by promoting from within, developing a culture of growth and learning and partnering with the local community.
At Makeready http://makereadyexperience.com/ we create independent hotel, restaurant and retail brands. Each of our brands has a distinct point of view but they all share a common purpose: to inspire deeper connections with the world around them – city by city, person by person. Every Makeready experience embraces local culture, honors past and present, and invites curious guests to delve into the detail of their surroundings.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- 4 years of hands-on experience at a comparable location in a similar role.
- Basic knowledge of hotel operations.
- ADA related Physical Demand Section: Frequent walking, climbing, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, talking, smiling, writing, at times working in cramped noisy locations susceptible to extreme hot and cold temperatures with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate and follow up.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Provides administrative support for the General Managers.
- Coordinates work with other senior leadership team members and support staff to ensure a high performance; service culture work environment is established.
- Types and/or drafts memoranda, correspondence, and other documents and reports often of a highly sensitive and confidential nature.
- Ensures materials and reports for signature are accurate and complete; checks materials for accuracy, completeness and compliance with Hotel/GMs standards, policies and procedures.
- Schedules, prepares agenda and meeting materials and types minutes for various meetings, as needed.
- Maintains the General Managers calendars; coordinates, arranges and confirms meetings.
- Receives telephone calls, providing information and handling issues that may require sensitivity and use of sound, independent judgment, for GM’s, to The GM’s (own) and General Hotel Inquiries.
- Responds to requests for information and complaints, refers matters to appropriate Hotel staff and/or takes or recommends action to resolve the request or complaint.
- Reviews, determines the priority and routes incoming correspondence, reports, requests and instructions; handles or refers matters as directed.
- Acts as liaison in coordinating matters between the General Manager’s Offices and other department heads and managers.
- Refers or recommends referral of matters to appropriate departments and staff for action and report.
- Researches and assembles information from a variety of sources for the preparation of reports and correspondence for the General Managers/Hotel.
- Represents the General Manager’s office and the Hotel on internal committees and with external groups and organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Represent the Hotel to receive detailed presentations to other utilities, regulatory agencies, governmental bodies, planning agencies, consultants, trade and professional associations, technical groups, developers, media and general public.
- Be informed and suggest actions on Hotel Actions related to hotel GSS, brand (Marriott) and Project development.
- Identify key issues and develop, recommend, and implement strategies to protect and promote the Hotel’s primary business interests; support Senior Leadership Team and staff interactions externally, and support linkages to internal policies and issues.
- Represent the Hotel in technical and policy administration/meetings and in various Hotel used systems
- Interact extensively with senior leadership, to create a seamless work flow throughout the Hotel.
- Direct, coordinate and participate in the development, negotiation, and administration of vendor contracts and cooperative agreements with other agencies; communicate appropriate revisions and amendments as required.
- Evaluate and develop appropriate recommendations to address current and proposed policies, regulations, projects, and programs that impact the Hotel and its business objectives.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings to Hotel staff, leadership, and Corporate (MKRE), Ownership and brand (Marriott).
- Prepare comprehensive reports for Hotel staff, leadership, and the SLT.
- Coordinate and communicate with Hotel staff and consultants to address assigned areas.
- Provide, and ensure other operational personnel provide, excellent customer service to both the internal and external customers of the department.
- Assists staff to develop and implement long term plans, goals and objectives.
- Acts as a resource and mentor to subordinate staff; instructs and advises departmental staff on the technical and administrative phases of operation work and personnel matters.
- Advises the General Managers, SLT and Department Heads on planning, communication and execution and other related matters pertaining to operational activities
- May represent the Hotel and makes formal presentations on a variety of operational topics to Corporate (MKRE), Ownership (RBC) and Brand (Marriott). Handles additional external assignments and represents the Hotel as assigned by the General Managers.
- Assists in the development of long-term plans covering the essential elements of operations, facilities, finances and personnel.
- Assists in providing positive and constructive leadership and management.
- Keeps the General Manager fully informed on all important factors influencing staff and line elements and on the progress toward meeting established goals for projects and programs.
- Represents the GMs/Hotel in meetings and discussions with employees, customers, and contractors in order to promote the Hotel’s goals and objectives and resolve issues.
- Acts as a leader and provides direction on the setting of standards for Hotel projects to assure continuity and progress toward overall goals.
Please apply to our Executive Assistant position if you feel like you meet the qualifications and can perform these duties.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.