Since opening its doors in 1912, The Adolphus has served as an icon of Dallas and an integral part of the City’s history and culture. Situated on the original site of City Hall, the hotel was modeled after a beaux arts German castle. In its recent restoration and renovation, the hotel’s storied past is both celebrated and reimagined. There is a sense of discovery at every turn.
The Conference Services Manager plans, organize and manage the in-house details for group and convention booking (e.g. Guest rooms, menus, set-up, etc.) Participate in negotiating meetings/functions, rooms, rates and all related requirements. Ensure maximization of room and meeting space, revenues, and profits while delivering a quality product. Focus on execution of all aspects of event planning including coordination from the signing of a group contract forward, VIP needs, amenities, group resumes, and rooming lists.
We seek to hire the best. Leaders of high character and humility with genuine passion and aptitude for hospitality. People who choose to be in hospitality because they have an open and generous nature and seek to make guests happy. We are a group of people who are proud of the work we do. Caring leaders, perfectionist chefs, intelligent creatives, generous hosts, meticulous operators, inspiring teachers, tireless doers, and all-around devotees of hospitality. We create value by empowering the team. We encourage our teams to stretch their thinking, move beyond their comfort zone and achieve their full potential. By providing a platform of support service, like the best in technology, finance resources, talent development, marketing and communication support, we allow them to focus on the heart of their business – hospitality and people. We are passionate about people and attract, develop and retain the best in hospitality. We thoughtfully seek out and groom talent, both within our company and outside, by promoting from within, developing a culture of growth and learning and partnering with the local community.
At Makeready http://makereadyexperience.com/ we create independent hotel, restaurant and retail brands. Each of our brands has a distinct point of view but they all share a common purpose: to inspire deeper connections with the world around them – city by city, person by person. Every Makeready experience embraces local culture, honors past and present, and invites curious guests to delve into the detail of their surroundings.
- Responsible for the management and planning of meetings/conventions, sports teams, entertainment clients and related activities. Attends Banquet Event Order (BEO) Meeting, Resume, Pickup and Staff meetings and perform as a team leader for all hotel department staff participating in the event delivery process.
- Achieve a minimum of 95% client satisfaction scores on Meeting Planner Surveys. Achieve 5% or less forecasting accuracy for food & beverage and group rom blocks. Achieve 3% or more increase over hotel’s budgeted average check.
- Coordination of all group business as developed by the sales manager. Contact and appropriately follow-up on all signed/contracted business within 5 working days. Determination and coordination of all event planning needs.
- Develop strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up selling and ensuring effective communication both written (BEO’s, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Operations Briefing as needed, Resume Meeting, Daily Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting, Pre-Convention Meetings, Menu Tastings, and Planning Visits.
- Supervise the execution of banquet/meeting events. Review all function space with banquet manager and when required head house attendant. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events.
- Ensure the proper use of function space to maximize revenue potential.
- Keep Director of Catering and Director of Sales promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matter so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Respond according to the crisis management plan to any resort emergency or safety situation.
- Comply with The Adolphus standards for sales and marketing, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and planning committee.
- Comply with The Adolphus Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Manage and coordinate all catering and conference services activities associated with planning, supervising and executing functions and events for group meetings and tour groups. Develop and distribute according to standards, all communications relating to planning and execution of events, including, but not exclusive to group resumes, banquet event orders according to client requirements.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of basic and fundamental standards of Catering and Event Management/Banquet department and general hotel operations.
- 2-5 years previous catering sales and/or banquet assistant manager/captain experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and sales related skills.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, weekends, Holidays and Evenings
- Delphi Sales and Catering Computer Software, MS Word, Excel, and ability to use e-mail and the Internet.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and make decisions in a fast-paced client driven environment.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Basic computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and Delphi.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.