Catering Sales Manager
Reports to Director of Catering Sales
The Catering Services Manager plans, organizes and manages the in-house details for Weddings and Galas and Special and Corporate Events. Participate in negotiating meetings/functions, rooms, rates and all related requirements. Ensure the maximization of room and meeting space, revenues, and profits while delivering a quality product.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solicits and/or responds to social catering booking requests while maximizing revenue potential and ensuring effective communication both written (BEO’s, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event.
- Attends Banquet Event Order (BEO) Meeting, Resume, Pickup, and Staff meetings and perform as a team leader for all hotel department staff participating in the event delivery process.
- Maintain strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to Operations Briefing as needed, Resume Meeting, Daily Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting, Pre-Convention Meetings, Menu Tastings, and Planning Visits.
- Ensure the proper use of function space to maximize revenue potential.
- Must have a clean and neat appearance.
- Assist Banquet Department as required, particularly during large group movement
- Assist with guest inquires within the Sales, Catering, Marketing and Conference Services Department, including assistance with high telephone volume and walk-in site inspections.
- Be fully versed in the facilities and capabilities of the hotels competitive set
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years previous catering sales experience
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Strong selling and interpersonal skills.
- High level of creativity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and make decisions in a fast-paced client-driven environment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, weekends, Holidays and Evenings when needed.
- Must be able to walk, stand for prolonged periods as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.