Senior Group Sales Manager
The Senior Group Sales Manager is primarily responsible for managing strategic customer accounts at a national level.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Set and monitor sales targets for regional account managers
- Network with key customers to identify and address specific needs
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers to ensure long-term success
- Act as the liaison between customers and internal teams ensuring clients’ requirements are met
- Identify and attract prospective strategic customers by making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
- Ensure brand consistency
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings, according to company standards
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing departments to set and implement strategies for new products
- Stay up-to-date with internal and external developments and suggest new ways to increase sales
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Research destinations and available services for accommodations to find travel deals and evaluate services to find the best quality for the price
- Resolve any problems with travel or accommodations by using company resolution protocol and communicating with all relevant parties
- Handle credit card programs and charges
- Process T&E reports and handle reimbursements
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
- Must have experience in national account manager at similar size and quality of hotel.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Medical, Vertical Markets preferred.
- 3+ years of past sales experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, and long-range planning.
- Excellent interpersonal and sales related skills.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, weekends, Holidays and Evenings
- Delphi Sales and Catering Computer Software, MS Word, Excel, and ability to use e-mail and the Internet.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and make decisions in a fast-paced client driven environment.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Basic computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and Delphi.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)