Since opening its doors in 1912, The Adolphus has served as an icon of Dallas and an integral part of the City’s history and culture. Situated on the original site of City Hall, the hotel was modeled after a beaus arts German castle. In its recent restoration and renovation, the hotel’s storied past is both celebrated and reimagined. There is a sense of discovery at every turn.
Nail Technician creates memorable experiences with customers by providing customized nail care treatments based on needs and preferences. Responsibilities include polishing fingernails and toenails, painting designs and applying gel and acrylic nails.
- Provide guidance to clients on the procedures at the spa
- Paint fingernails and toenails
- Clean, cut and shape nails
- Recommend colors, rhinestones and designs based on each customer’s style
- Remove previously applied polish
- Prepare and clean beauty station in-between appointments
- Sterilize equipment before use
- Inform clients about additional services and offers (e.g. loyalty discounts, eyebrow waxing)
- Give hand and foot massages
- Offer nail care treatment tips (e.g. how to strengthen nails and how to make manicures last longer)
- Up-sell treatments and beauty products, when appropriate
- Take an interest in customers (e.g. chatting with them during appointments and remembering their preferences)
- Introduce and promote new beauty products to clients and educate them on their uses and benefits
- Keep clients updated on currently available promotions and discounts in services offered in the Spa
- Notify engineering of maintenance of repair needs.
- Assist in getting client feedback on level of services delivered in order to improve on service delivery
- Receive customer complaints and feedback and direct them to appropriate offices for resolution.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
- Speak with others using clean and professional language; answer telephones using professional etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- While working, it will not be uncommon to handle and move large boxes of inventory. Must be able to lift and carry at least 20 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Summary Of Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Nail Technician, Manicurist or similar role
- Expertise in basic and advanced nail techniques, including french manicures, airbrushing and gel manicures
- Knowledge of cosmetology trends
- Understanding of sanitation and sterilization standards
- High school diploma
- Certification in Cosmetology or Nail Art is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service related skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Basic computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel.